Using the Cashola® Card
Cashola Prepaid Debit Mastercard® is issued by Pathward®, N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to license by Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard and the circles design are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated. Unless specifically noted otherwise, any other product or service mentioned, other than the Cashola Prepaid Debit Mastercard, is not a Pathward or Mastercard product or service.
Yes! Goalsetter allows a Parent/Guardian to set up two types of spending controls:
- Limit spending amount with frequency
- Ability to set a monthly or a rolling two-day limit for each kid individually.
- Limit by merchant category type through the Cashola Control Center in the Goalsetter App.
- Based on each merchant’s category code they are grouped into 8 categories, and the parent can block as many categories as they choose.
By default, Goalsetter proactively blocks all kid Cashola Cards from use at adult merchants, such as liquor stores, gambling, casinos, adult services, etc.
To open a Goalsetter profile you must be an adult (which means over the age of 18 in most U.S. states) to have access to our Savings accounts and other bank and investment features, provided by our partners:
- Savings Account: Webster Bank, N.A., Member FDIC
- Debit Card and Wallet: Pathward, N.A., Member FDIC
- Investment Account: DriveWealth, LLC
If you are a teenager (ages 13 - 17), you can onboard with Goalsetter for Teens and will have access to our educational features and games, but no access to the bank or investment features until your parent or guardian accepts your invitation and onboards to Goalsetter Parents/ guardians can add a kid aged 6 and over directly and they too can have access. To set up a profile for Goalsetter App access, the user must be 6 years or older.
Goalsetter Profile Management
Yes you can, in two different ways. First, once you’ve opened your Goalsetter account, you can send money to other Goalsetter users in near real time. Second, using a GoalCard. Once redeemed, the money will be deposited into the recipient's account immediately.
We hate to see you go! To close your account all funds must be removed out of Goalsetter. Here are the steps to take to ensure all accounts have a balance of $0:
- Cash out all the money from your own and your family's accounts: Debit cards, Savings, Goals, and Wallet (it takes up to 6 business days.)
- Sell all your own and your family’s investments and pending stock orders. After 2 business days, withdraw all that money from your Cash To Invest.
- Make sure that the withdrawn amount settles in your linked funding account, which can take 3-4 business days.
- All pending transactions must be settled.
Under Menu, go to Accounts, then Account Management. From there you can decide to close your account or just a specific financial services account.